Minutes of the Annual General Meeting held on Monday 26 th February 2018
at Hale Barns Cricket Club
Present : D.Humpage (Chairman), J.L.Petch (Secretary), S.Anderson (Treasurer),
P.Hayes ( Competitions Secretary), Julie Rafferty ( Cheshire C.B. County Welfare Officer), B.Boys (Vivio Cheshire County Cricket League), B.Birtles (Ukfast Cheshire Cricket League), M.Cooper ( Derbyshire & Cheshire Cricket League), I.Greensmith ( Cheshire Association of Cricket Officials), G.Moorhouse ( C.C.B.
Clubs & Participation Manager), D.Twiney (C.A.G.), D.Totty ( Cheshire Women`s Cricket League), S.McCann ( Cheshire Women`s County C.C.), P.Davies ( Cheshire Youth Cricket) together with representatives from Ashley and Hale Barns C.C.`s.
Apologies for absence :
Jim Rafferty ( West Representative), M.Hasprey ( East Representative),
A.Axon ( Chester & District Midweek League), J.Lewis (Female & Disability Development Officer) and B. Bishop (Website) and representative from Elworth C.C.
1. The Minutes of the AGM held on 20 th February 2017 , having been circulated to all member clubs and representatives, were taken as read and signed by the Chairman as a correct record.
2. & 3.. Hon. Treasurer`s Report and Adoption of 2016 - 2017 Annual Accounts
The Treasurer presented the audited Income & Expenditure Account and Balance Sheet for the financial year ended 30 th November 2017 .
Income : £7290.00 from Affiliation fees ( £25.00 per team per club ) & £550.00 from Cheshire Cup & Shield concessions.
Total : £7840.00
Expenditure : £1082.00 Cheshire Cup/Shield
£ 800.00 Cricket for the
£2000.00 Grant for C.A.Groundsmen
£ 200.00 Small Grants Scheme
£1500.00 Umpires & Scorers Association
£ 30.00 Website, Postage & Stationery
£ 120.00 Cheshire Ladies T20 Finals umpires costs
The Excess of Income over Expenditure produced a surplus of £2108.00
Balance Sheet : £13738.00 General Fund
The Treasurer advised that :-
· The surplus of £2108 left us in the very healthy position of having reserves of £13738.00
· Whilst income fell by £445.00 due to fewer clubs, clubs having fewer teams and one or two mergers this reduction was more than compensated by the new concept of asking all clubs participating in the Cheshire Cup / Shield to lodge a “deposit” by cheque of £50.00 only to be banked in the event of concession. 11 Clubs conceded producing income of £550.00. Cheques from all Clubs who did not concede were shredded.
· Our outgoings were similar to 2016 with the main variance being the £721.00 payment made to Cheshire Cobras V.I.C.C. in the previous year.
· The Hon. Treasurer thanked his fellow officers for their help during the year, Peter Hayes for liasing so well on all matters Cheshire Cup & Shield and Jim Rafferty, despite being unwell carrying out his auditing duties efficiently.
It was proposed by P.Davies of C.Y.C. and seconded by I.Greensmith of C.A.C.O. that the 2016-2017 Annual Accounts and Auditors Report be adopted and this was carried unanimously.
4. Election of Officers
The following Officers, having been proposed by I.Greensmith of C.A.C.O .and seconded by B.Birtles of Ukfast C.C.L were elected unanimously for 2018 -19.
Chairman David Humpage
Hon. Secretary John Petch
Hon. Treasurer Stuart Anderson
Competitions Secretary Peter Hayes
5. Election of East and West Representatives
Mike Hasprey and Jim Rafferty were proposed by D.Totty of C.W.C.L and seconded by I.Greensmith of C.U.& S.A. as East and West Region Representatives respectively and were elected unanimously for 2018-19. They represent the interests of all member clubs who play in a league that does not qualify to appoint a representative.
6 Any Other Relevant Business
There being no other relevant business the meeting closed at 8.06 p.m with thanks to Hale Barns Cricket Club for the use of their facilities.
Signed as a correct record :